Nate once helped fund an airplane to fly a banner to get the Miami Hurricanes head coach fired. He’s a football feen and loves all things Boston sports.
- D.K. Metcalf WR Ole Miss
- He was already a great looking specimen at 6’4 and more jacked than a Mark McGwire blast, but here by running a 4.33, jumping 40.5” in the vertical and testing out at 1.9% body fat. It was a frightening display from a prospect some are now throwing in the same sentence as Calvin Johnson…but it didn’t always show up on film. Is he Calvin or is he Stephen Hill?
- Montez Sweat Rush Miss State
- Sweat, a player probably thought to be the second best prospect out of his school (behind Jeffrey Simmons) put on a show in Indy. At 6’6 260lbs he ran a 4.4 with some big ole’ mitts at 10.5” inches. A guy his size running faster than guys like Antonio Brown, Alvin Kamara, and Joe Mixon is just terrifying. Likely top 10 pick at this point.
- Kyler Murray QB Oklahoma
Wait, he didn’t even run or throw at the combine…how is he a winner? By simply showing up. He measured in at 5’10” or 2 inches taller than a lot of people thought he would. Suddenly the Russell Wilson comps are looking better (although Murray is quite faster). That, combined with none of the other QBs really standing out has inserted him as a possible favorite to go #1 overall if you can believe that and at very least probably assures him of being the first QB taken.
- Greg Little OT Ole Miss
- The one-time five star recruit was thought to be in contention to be the first tackle off the board and still is. But he did not test out well as expected. He ran a 5.33 40, although it’s not often linemen need to run 40 yards, but you definitely expected more than the 25 reps on the bench.
- Lil’ Jordan Humphrey WR Texas
- He certainly did not perform like a little Michael Jordan. At his size you wondered about how he’d be able to separate at the next level. Running a 4.75 and having a 20-yard shuttle split in line with many linemen in this draft may drop him all the way to the bottom of day 3. It’s too bad, world class name.
- Mike Mayock
- He has three first round picks and he’s the GM of the Raiders. You’d think he would be in a decent mood visiting the NFL Network booth during the combine. Instead, he came off as a pompous jackoff completely ungrateful for the stage that allowed him the spotlight to get his new gig. Boo Mayock, show some respect.